STRONG EMPHASIS ON MATH, SCIENCE, & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
We are high performing college preparatory schools that focus on math, science, and information technologies.
Our schools are part of the STEM program offered by the University of Maryland. There is a growing demand for technological advances which means more STEM jobs!
We offer several certification programs to prepare our students with necessary skills to pursue STEM careers:
- Microsoft IT Academy
- MOS: Microsoft Office Specialist
- PLTW: Project Lead the Way
- MCSE: Microsoft Certified System Engineering
- A+: Computer hardware technician certificate for end users
- CPA: Certified Public Accountant
- PM: Project Management
- PTLS: Peer Tutoring Lead Student
We also offer computer programming courses:
- App Inventor
EFFICIENT TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION
In CLF classrooms technology-infused discovery activities, Internet research, virtual manipulatives, and multimedia resources allow students to
COLLEGE BOUND EDUCATION
CLF Schools actively collaborate with colleges, universities, and research institutions. The goals of these post-secondary partnerships are to:
- Expose students to college atmosphere.
- Empower students with college credit options.
- Provide guidance for college applications, scholarships, and financial aid.
- Provide professional development for teachers.
- Engage students in research projects in collaboration with engineers and scientists.
CLF Schools provide rigorous academic programs such as dual credit and AP courses enabling students to reach their potential in obtaining admission to top-level colleges. AP courses include:
- AP Calculus
- AP Statistics
- AP Biology
- AP Env. Science
- AP Chemistry
- AP Physics
- AP World History
- AP U.S. History
- AP U.S. Gov. & Politics
- AP Computer Science
- AP Art History
- AP Music Theory
- AP Studio Art
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Psychology
- AP English
- AP European History
- AP Spanish
Chesapeake Lighthouse Foundation © 2016